7.01.2012

Hard at Work

Summer workshops have started up at the Center for Cartoon Studies, and they're going really well!  Alec Longstreth and I are teaching the lion's share of them, with a couple of A-MAZE-ING guest lecturers coming in!  Last week was the Children's Book Workshop!  It was a blast!  Local author DB Johnson gave a great talk about his career and his Photoshop wizardry.  Drawing superpower and all-around great guy Scott C gave a great talk about his work and how he watercolors.  It actually inspired me to pick up a brush (for the first time in YEARS) and try my hand at watercoloring. 

Well, we're getting into the thick of summer here at CCS and the Fizzmont Institute.  The second printing of Leo Geo is due stateside any day now, and I'm hard at work on Leo Geo 2. 
My secret minicomic project is finally DONE and in the mail, so HOPEFULLY, I'll be able to talk about it this week!!  I can't wait to share it with you guys.  In the meantime, I have a nice steady stream of good news to sate your palette.  I was recently lucky enough to go to the Stern Pinball factory in Melrose Park, Il.  You can read the full post on the Stern Blog HERE, but needless to say, it BLEW MY MIND.



No comments :

Post a Comment