4.20.2012

Spring Conventions!

Happy Wednesday, internet!  Things have been (as always) busy here at Fizzmont HQ.  I've been getting my ducks in a row for all the spring conventions that are going on.  I will FOR SURE be at the following conventions:

MoCCA, NYC: April 28-29
TCAF, Toronto: May 5-6
CAKE, Chicago: June 16-17

At MoCCA, superstar Robyn Chapman and I will be holding a workshop about accordion and unfolding comics:

Sunday the 29th, 12:30 CCS Presents: The Expanding Comic Workshop

If you think that a comic book is just a bunch of pages between two
covers, think again!  There is a wide variety of book making
techniques that allow you to fold, flip, and turn your comics in
unusual ways. Jon Chad, author of Leo Geo and His Miraculous Journey
Through the Center of the Earth, will team up with comics educator
Robyn Chapman to introduce three unique book forms. Then the workshop
participants will construct and illustrate their own expanding comic
books! ROOM B



Alec Longstreth and I will be tabling together for MoCCA, and we'll have a new issue of our pinball zine, Drop Target, fresh from the zine-making oven!  Naturally, I'll be toting around copies of Leo Geo, some Leo Geo extras, and some chapters from my Bikeman graphic novel.

Phew, between that, and CCS commencement, I'm going to be a tired buckaroo.  That's a lot of chances to see Jon Chad!!


Can you dig it?!

No comments :

Post a Comment