8.29.2013

Basewood Kickstarter!

Hey guys, my super-bud Alec Longstreth has just launched a Kickstarter to print his amazing book Basewood in the states!  This book is absolutely beautiful!  The detail is incredible (and we know how much I enjoy drawing detail), and the story is really compelling!  If there was any Kickstarter that you might consider backing (besides the PAPA pinball Kickstarter from earlier this year), it should be THIS ONE!  Alec gave me permission to reblog this blog post about the project:


My Kickstarter campaign to get Basewood professionally printed has launched! This has been my big project for the last couple of months, and I'm very excited to finally send it out into the world. You can get all the details over on the Basewood Kickstarter page.
 
Obviously, I need to get this information out to as many people as possible in order for it to be successful, so I would really appreciate everybody's help spreading the word. There is a Phase Seven Comics facebook page, but technically I'm not personally on Facebook, so any posts in that realm would be greatly appreciated.

Also, to celebrate this launch, I have put the entirety of Basewood up online for people to read (for FREE!) Hopefully this will let people check out the book and encourage them to back the project.
Readers of this blog are already familiar with the massive effort it took to draw Basewood. It was ten years of my life, and I'm really hoping this campaign will be successful so that I can get the book printed the way I think it deserves to be presented. We'll see how it goes!


images and bog post copyright Alec Longstreth

No comments :

Post a Comment